Above photo sourced from www.emilieeats.com
All your outdoor activities can work up an appetite. Here’s a quick and healthy cold dish to reenergize you and loved ones after a great day outside fun.
Quinoa Chickpea Tabbouleh
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, about 2 cups
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1½ cups cucumber, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lemons, juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Rinse quinoa in a small mesh strainer and add to a pot. Add water; turn the heat to high. Once it’s boiling, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes in half, then in half again lengthwise, then in half again. Place in a large bowl.
- Add parsley, mint, spinach, onion, cucumber, chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to the bowl; stir to combine.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer to the bowl. Stir everything together until fully combined.